The Teltonika RUT500 is a compact HSPA+ 3G router with high speed wireless and Ethernet connections Internal HSPA+ modem can reach download rate of up to 14.4Mbps and is ideal for M2M remote Monitoring and Management applications.
The Teltonika RUT500 3G router supports the latest IEEE802.11n and IEEE802.11b/g WLAN standards and provide wireless receiving and transmitting rate up to 150 Mbps and includes 3 x 10/100 Ethernet Ports for wired LAN connectivity and 1 x 10/100 Ethernet port for WAN connectivity (provides failover 3G router functionality).
RUT500 Key Features:
- HSPA+ 21Mbps Download and 5.76Mbps Upload
- Quadband UMTS and GSM
- Complies with IEEE 802.11n, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11b wireless standards
- Four Ethernet ports – 3 x LAN, 1 x WAN
- Durable aluminum housing
- External antennas
- Integrated OpenVPN and Dynamic DNS
- 3G backup WAN function
- SMS reboot function
- Ping Reboot for reliable 3G connection
- DIN rail mounting kit included.
The Teltonika RUT500 router is easy to install and configuration is via a web interface. Listed below are the simpple steps to get up and running with the Teltonika RUT500.
- Unscrew the back plate of the RUT500 router – this is the side where the antennas are connected.
- Insert the SIM Card into the SIM card slot – the RUT500 has a label showing the direction the SIM card should be inserted
- Replace the cover place and screws
- Connect the GSM Antenna to the GSM Main antenna connector
- Connect the WiFi Antenna to the middle port – please note that this antenna is the one with the Pin – check the antenna connectors carefully.
- If required connect the spare GSM Antenna to the GSM AUX port – you dont really need to do this but might help in areas with extremely poor signal reception. We supply the choice of elbow joint or magnetic mount antenna so you can choose which you prefer for your particular installation.
- connect the power to the RUT500
That is the phsyical part of the installation completed. At this stage the RUT500 router will attempt to connect to the 3G network – if you are using a standard mobile broadband SIM card then in some cases the pre-loaded APN settings will enable the router to connect without any further configuration. If you are using a new or non standard package that uses specific APN settings such as a Fixed IP SIM Card or new tariff or network such as Everything Everywhere with unknown APN settings then you will need to configure these within the router configuration.
In order to connect to the router simply set your wired LAN port settings of your PC to aquire an IP address automatically and connect to the router using the Ethernet cable supplied. The Teltonika RUT500 is pre-configured to run DHCP so will allocate your PC with an IP address. Then simply follow the instructions below to enter your APN settings.
- Once your PC is connected to the teltonika RUT500 open up a web browser (IE, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome etc) and type the IP address of the RUT500 into the address bar – the default IP address for the Teltonika RUT500 is http://192.168.1.1
- You will then be asked for the user name and password – the default user name and password for the Teltonika RUT500 is admin (user) and admin01 (password) – these are also shown on the router label.
You are now ready to configure your RUT500 Router and can insert your APN settings and any port forwarding that is required.
Our mission is to provide high quality business solutions that will allow our customers to easily manage their existing and future voice and data requirements. We will listen to what you need for your business and provide real business benefits through the implementation of the latest technologies combined with effective cost management.